ST-i strange behaviour

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Krunoslav Lisac, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Krunoslav Lisac

Krunoslav Lisac Standard User

I have ST-i guider, and a very strange problem using it with Maxim DL6.

Camera works fine all the time, except during the guider calibration.

During the calibration proces, Maxim DL6 has a sequence of the following messages:

-Exposing 1 sec....
    -downloading image...
    -moving mount...
    -Exposing 1 sec...
    -downloading image...
    -moving mount.

, but at the third exposure, i do not get info 'Exposing 1 sec ...' (as ussual), but immediately i got message 'Downloading image'. And that image is not an image, it is just a noise without stars. It looks like Maxim DL6 downloads an unexposed image. And calibration is ruined. I tried many times, disconnecting and reconnecting the camera, allways with the same result.

I also tried calibration on different guiding stars, but with the same result.

Finally, I entered aproximated calibration speed into Maxim DL6 manualy, and camera was tracking without a problem. Well, stars were not quite round, but camera worked properly.

Any ideas?

Krunoslav Lisac

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

What specific version of MaxIm DL are you using?

Please zip and send us your "Settings" folder located in "My Documents/MaxIm DL 6", so we may see what options you have set.

Do you have the latest SBIG drivers installed? Can you send a screenshot, or tell me what version SBIG drivers you have?

3. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Could you also try turning on debugging to try to capture the error?

To turn on debugging, open the "SBIGDriverChecker64" software and click the "Debug Log" button. In the "Configure Driver Commands" window, click the "All" button and set a path where the log will be saved to.

Once debugging is turned on, try to reproduce the issue, and send us the resulting log file.

Note debugging will slow your imaging down drastically, so be patient, and remember to turn it off when you are done.

4. Krunoslav Lisac

Maxim DL version: 6.13

Attached are screenshot of SBIG driver and compressed settings folder.

For debuging, we should wait for clear sky. Right now, it's pretty cloudy. Screenshot.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Tim

Tim Staff Member

The latest version of "sbigudrv.dll" is v4.97 Build 1.

Try downloading the latest version of the SBIGDriverChecker, then click the "Update" button to get the latest drivers.

6. Krunoslav Lisac

It took a while to test the camera again, but here are the results...

I installed the latest sbig driver
    I also installed the latest mount driver (Avalon m-ZERO stargo controller)
    Maxim DL was also the latest version

And the problem was still here.. but... then I opened the guiding->settings->Advanced tab in Maxim DL and set a small delay after correction (0.1 sec). After that, everything was working fine.

I tought you would like to know.

Best regards,

Krunoslav Lisac

7. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Thanks for the information. I will pass it to our developers for further investigation.