Staff Assigned: Adam Robichaud STF-8300 Linux drivers for TheSky X

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Larry Groom, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Larry Groom

Larry Groom Cyanogen Customer

I've decided to put together a Linux machine using an Intel-NUC box in an effort to forgo the complexity and upgrade issues that occur when using Windows 10. I've been able to load and run Linux along with TheSkyX but I'm unable to connect to my STF-8300. TSX tells me that a driver is missing.

I'm hoping that some at DF can help me out on the process needed to obtain and load the drivers to my Linux machine. I've been able to find the zipped file that has the drivers (I think, they're 4 years old) but I've been unable to install them properly to be able to connect to the camera.

I'm using Ubuntu 18.04.02, and the latest Daily Build of TheSky X. I'm using a STF-8300M with FW-8-8300 filter wheel and the SBIG STi for guiding.

I know that I'm biting off more than I can chew as I'm also learning the Linux OS at the same time, I figure I need to keep the pressure on this old noggin!

Thanks in advance.

Larry
    lobo59@me..com

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Thanks for posting over here from my note on the TSX forum.
    My colleague @Adam Robichaud will need to lend a hand on this.
    We're past end of the normal business day (5pm ET), so he will have to get back to you.

I know other people have gotten the STF-8300 to work with other Linux-based applications on Ubuntu, not sure on versions.
    Stay tuned.

Julian Mullins likes this.
  3. Larry Groom

Larry Groom Cyanogen Customer

Hello, anyone here?

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Sent you a message with an update.