FW8G-STT reports "CFW is busy"

Discussion in 'Filter Wheels' started by ftheadley, Apr 18, 2019.

1. ftheadley

ftheadley Standard User

After 2 years of storage, I pulled out my STT-8300M and FW8G-STT for use. I updated the drivers, downloaded the latest CCDOps (5.66) and connected to the camera. The filter wheel reports an error. I updated the firmware, same error. In reviewing the archives, it appears that this is a hardware failure. What are my next options?

The actual error is "CFW reports that it is busy".

Regards,

Frank Headley

2. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Frank,

Did you connect the filter wheel to the camera while the camera was energized?

-Bill

3. ftheadley

ftheadley Standard User

Hi Bill,

Normally, I would reply "no" as I am sensitive to this issue, but seeing how many similar problems have been caused by this, I cannot be certain. I also do not know what sequence I used two years ago when I disconnected.

Frank

4. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Frank,

The connection and disconnection of the filter wheel to and from the camera should be done when the camera is de-energized. It's possible that a fuse is blown in the I2C circuitry. Unfortunately, the fuses are difficult to get to, they are on the underside of the circuit board, and removing the board from the camera is complex. Send me an email, bill@sbig.com, and we can talk about it.

-Bill