Aluma U694 serious query

Discussion in 'Aluma CCD Series' started by Daniel Borcard, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Daniel Borcard

Daniel Borcard Cyanogen Customer

Hi Doug,

I was very pleased to read your latest announcement about the Solstice Specials. More specifically, the Aluma U694 with self-guiding 8-position filter wheel package (4894.00) is likely the combo I was looking for since 3 or 4 years.

Before I request a quote in Canadian dollars (read: Northern Peso) from my dealer near Montreal, I have a couple of questions:

1. What is the total backfocus of the combo with 3 mm (Astrodon) filters?
    2. If I order the combo these next days or weeks (before the end of the special, that is), how long should I expect to wait for it to arrive?
    3. Do I have to order the 1.25" inserts for the filters or are they automatically provided with the filter wheel?

Thank you in advance for your answers,

Best,

Daniel (nostalgic of his half-deceased ST-2000XM)

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Sympathies for the ST-2000XM. It's a rugged camera but they're all getting old.

One of our techs has a project to measure the back focus on production cameras, to verify everything. It's easy to add things up wrong! But I did it twice and the number I've calculated is 56 mm with the guided wheel.

Inserts are not included. Please be aware that there could be vignetting depending on your f/ratio.

We have them in stock. If you order direct it would take a day to fill the order and we ship via FedEx. You'd have to check with the dealer on how fast he can deliver it.

3. Daniel Borcard

Daniel Borcard Cyanogen Customer

Thank you George!
    I have sent a request to Stefan Broquet for a quote.
    Ironically enough, my old ST2k has probably been crippled by a bug... a real one that squeezed into it and fried the guiding electronics. The imager works fine, though :)

Daniel