Resolved New Aluma +FWG: guide image does not download

Discussion in 'Aluma CCD Series' started by Daniel Borcard, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Daniel Borcard

Daniel Borcard Cyanogen Customer

Hello group,

I am in the process of setting up my new Aluma U694 + self-guiding filter wheel. I succeeded in setting up the camera and can take images with the filters using the main chip. However, wen trying to take a guider image, the image never downloads. The info window says "Reading the camera", and nothing more happens. If I select single dark calibration, the info is "Taking dark image" (or something close). This does not happen if I select "Camera 1" (i.e., the main chip) as the guiding camera.
    The setup is on "Dual chip", so the problem is elsewhere.

Any help will be appreciated!

Daniel

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Please confirm the following:
    You are running MaxIm DL Pro 6.20 or MaxIm LT 6.20
    You have downloaded and installed the latest DL Imaging drivers.
    You have checked the camera for a firmware update, and installed if necessary.
    You have selected DL Imaging drivers in Maxim.
    You have threading turned on for the camera, filter wheel, guider.
    threading.png
    You are using a short USB cable, less than 15 feet total, and no hubs, extenders, repeaters etc.

If you're doing something different, let us know.
    One good idea for testing is put it on the workbench with a short, 3 foot cable to the PC, and if its a desktop, to a rear jack on the motherboard at the back.

Also, turn off Windows Power Management - USB Selective Suspend for all USB devices, USB hubs, USB Root Hubs and PCIe devices in the chain. (There is an option like [] Allow computer to turn off this device to save power. Make sure that is NOT ENABLED).
    If you have a Paramount, do not connect the camera to the Versaplate USB hub.

3. Daniel Borcard

Daniel Borcard Cyanogen Customer

Hi Colin,
    Wow, that's service!!
    Threading was the culprit. I turned on threading as in your pic, and now it works.
    The camera is on my kitchen table, so test on a star will have to wait, but at least I get an image, even if the soft complains, understandably, that it cannot acquire a target.

Many thanks!

Daniel