NGC7000 false color

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Aug 30, 2019.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

I used a Canon EOS RebelT7i 'mod. UV-IR @ Hutech' thru a 75-300mm Refurbished $85.00 Canon Lens @ 200mmfl piggybacked while guiding on an Astro-Physics 1200GTO Mount for four 7nmHa 215secISO6400 and SII 335secISO6400 and two UHC 395secISO6400 and as CR2s I put them in MaximDL Pro V6.20 and did a regular 'ConvertColor' and 'KernalFilter-Median5x5' and Bin2 ... then with just a single image of each Ha , SII , and UHC I changed them to 'Mono' and then opened the 'ColorStack' and made a single Ha image 'green' and single SII image 'red' and a single UHC image 'blue' and pressed the 'Align' and from the droplist I selected 'Auto-star matching' and pressed OK and then the images are processed and then press the 'ColorStack' command's 'OK' and the image will appear and 'screen-stretch' is needed to show the false-color' like the Hubble Palette colors ... this is the first time I tried this but it seems easy so far .?. I have more of each image to stack this way and also H-beta but that way didn't work yet . The purpose of this false-color' is for the 'Great Cygnus Wall' in the area of Mexico's East gulf shore line .. so the Lens set at 250mm or 290mm might shoe the 'wall' closer .x

Attached Files:

2. Brian Atteridge

Brian Atteridge Cyanogen Customer

Its a nice image however if i could suggest, you might try to even the histogram levels just a bit. i took your image and made the Blue, Red, and Green histograms even out and dropped the top end down a bit via a screen stretch to bring out the nebula and remove some of the skyglow. This made your image really pop. See the attached file.

Attached Files:

3. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

thanx... I'm experimenting with the filters and a Lens gets the photons fast to see what happens .
    I have another example about how I did it .

4. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR