Staff Assigned: Adam Robichaud Is there an SBIG driver installation guide for Mac iOS?

Discussion in 'CCDOPS and SBIG Universal Driver (Retired)' started by Steven Greco, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Steven Greco

Steven Greco Cyanogen Customer

Hi. I hope I’m posting in the right place (or close to it).

I just received my new STF-8300 today and am starting to go through the installation guide. I have MacBook Pro and I didn’t see any guidance on installing drivers, etc. on the Mac OSX—just Windows. Is one available?

I’ve gotten as far as downloading the drivers and CCDOps lite from the website (assuming they may be more current than the versions on the include thumb drive) to the laptop. The drivers installed correctly, as did CCDOps. I ran the firmware updater (on the thumb drive) and attempted to update the firmware, but I get a “camera error” message that the “device is not found”. However, the camera is indeed connected and CCDOps shows a good connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

2. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

If your camera is detected and usable in CCDOps lite, then the drivers are installed correctly. The Firmware updater is (unfortunately) not supported at the moment. If you need to update your camera's firmware, we advise using a Windows machine (or bootcamp).