Did my STF8300m Blow Up?

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Kenn Hopkins, Dec 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Kenn Hopkins

Kenn Hopkins Standard User

Tonight's Imaging was going fine until the images started turning black. Temperature was 10C outside and my STF8300m was set to -10. Last good image was of M-45 was a 5 minute exposure (Luminance M-45_300s Good). The next image (Luminance M-45_300s Bad) was for the same length of time but something happened and I do not know what happened.

The 'bad' image, in CCDStack, shows a Background of 0 and the "DDP of 0. The 'good' image had a Background of 5718 and the DDP of 6841. Both showed the Maximum as 65535 and the Gamma as 0.90.

Camera connects with the clicking it always makes and the filter wheel changes filters as expected.

Also attached are two images of M-42 after turning off the camera-after warming up camera- and disconnecting I then reconnect and turned it back on. M-42 1x1 and M-42 2x2 show what the differences are.

Purchased camera before 2013 is all I can remember.

Please any ideas what may of happened for the STF8300m to behave this way.

Kenn

Attached Files:

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Are you able to provide FITS type images demonstrating this issue? We can't analyze JPG type images.

3. Kenn Hopkins

Kenn Hopkins Standard User

Attached is the 2x2 image of M-42 which shows a problem with the back-ground. I've contacted Bill in the California Repair Office and I'm sending him the unit. it is a 50 second image.

Attached Files: