Aluma 694 out there?

Discussion in 'Aluma CCD Series' started by Daniel Borcard, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Daniel Borcard

Daniel Borcard Cyanogen Customer

Dear group,

This is my first post on the Cyanogen forums. I have had an SBIG ST2000XM that worked flawlessly from 2007 to 2016, until something fried in the circuitry, probably because of a ladybug (we have thousands of them here) and crippled the camera's autoguiding capability (but not the imaging one!).

Well, I am interested in replacing this trusty camera with an Aluma 694. Although the line is supposed to be available, I can find no review or image of it whatsoever on the net. Hence my enquiry: does anybody (including the SBIG/Cyanogen staff) have this camera at hand, or is it still at the stage of pre-something? In any case, some up-to-date information would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Daniel

P.S. Incase you were interested, here are some images I made with the ST2000XM:

NGC 4565
    Jones-Emberson 1
    NGC 2336
    IC 342

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Love your ST-2000 images! And yes I've had my observatory swarmed by the #!@!%$ invasive Asian ladybugs too. For some reason they just love to swarm into a white building in the middle of a field.

For a variety of reasons, including a seriously overloaded production department, we're late shipping them out. That said, we have a large number in the final stages of testing, and we're about to start shipping.

I've had one of the 694's in my observatory and am very pleased with its performance.

3. Daniel Borcard

Daniel Borcard Cyanogen Customer

Thank you for your good words Doug. Yes these )&?#)%&? bugs are a pain in the... well... observatory.

OK, I'll wait and see. Meanwhile if the spring could come at last.

Daniel