Aluma registration problem

Discussion in 'Forum and Web Site Issues' started by Shannon Murphy, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Shannon Murphy

Shannon Murphy Standard User

I finally got my camera 2 weeks ago, but I get no response after filling out the registration form. The web page says I'll hear from someone shortly after I hit submit, but it's been almost 2 weeks.

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

It's a little slow because the registrations are currently manually handled. I'll give the process a nudge...

3. Shannon Murphy

Shannon Murphy Standard User

I still don't have a response from the registration for the Maxim LT software. I can't seem run the camera from the observatory computer without it.

I've even tried connecting it to my mac laptop (not very practical since this is a student observatory and I can't have my students using my computer, but at least I could test the camera). I ran the "Universal Driver Installer", copied CCDOps Lite to my Applications folder, and tried to establish a link to the camera, but it says "Camera Error:Device not Found".

It's been almost 7 months since since we ordered the camera and all I have so far is a very expensive paper weight.

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

You cannot use CCDOPS, but you can use the MaxIm DL Pro demo.

I will look into why you haven’t received your license.