Resolved Aluma U694 power supply

Discussion in 'Aluma CCD Series' started by mike m benjamin, Nov 18, 2019.

1. mike m benjamin

mike m benjamin Cyanogen Customer

Hello,

I just recieved my Aluma U694 pro package this morning thank you. I own a ioptron CEM120 mount that has an aux port that I used to supply 12v power to, I bought extra 6 pin mini din connectors while I was waiting on the camera. I was going to make a short extension cable from the aux port to the power supply port on the camera, to eliminate cable drag. I read in the manual that pins 1,3,5 are +12v and 2,4,6 are ground. I decided to double check this with the included 120v power supply and according to my readings pins 1,3,5 are -12v. I double checked polarity using a AA battery and my meter is correct. I never hooked up the power supply to the camera yet.

2. mike m benjamin

I doubled checked my findings to make sure I was taking the readings from the correct pins and I was, funny thing is that its output went from -12.3v this morning to -11.5v.

3. mike m benjamin

Disregard please, I payed more attention to your manual and the pinout was looking into the camera not the power supply, my bad.

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Okay will mark as resolved.

(We do have protection diodes in the camera to prevent reverse connections!)