Anyone successfully using STT-8300 with USB hub or active USB cable?

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Chris Anderson, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson Cyanogen Customer

My existing STF-8300M is very picky when it comes to connection to PC via anything other than a 15' USB cable. Hub? Industrial? Powered at 24vDC? Forget it. Active USB cable? Nada. USB 3.0? Ha!

Before I sink another 5k into SBIG for an STT-8300, is anyone faithfully using one with any sort of USB hub?

Thanks,

CG

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  2. jerryyyyy

jerryyyyy Cyanogen Customer

Yeah, I used it for a while but now have a computer with 4 USB ports so eliminated it, but in general better not to use.

I am going to post another USB question, so you may check comments as you also have Ethernet options with the STT 8300M.

3. Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson Cyanogen Customer

Jeryyyyy: Thanks, but did it work? Any errors? I'm only talking about 6 foot cables to a hub, then a 15 foot cable to my laptop. And, on top of all this, my STF won't work with USB 3.0 ports either. My STF simply will not work with a hub, no Ethernet capability, and I'm dead in the water right now..... CG

4. jerryyyyy

jerryyyyy Cyanogen Customer

Yeah, it worked but I keep trying to simplify my systems. I had to get a good powered unit. Fewer wires the better. Note well that the Ethernet does work... see the other recent thread, but is slower than USB 2.0.....