1. Albert J. Seargeant

Albert J. Seargeant Cyanogen Customer

I've pulled my AO7 out for a project but it's not working. I've tried the Exercise Command in CCDOPS but get no movement at all.

It's been a while - does the red LED on the back of the AO7 light up when power is applied or only under certain operating conditions? The light on my AO7 doesn't light up at all.

Does Diffraction Limited/SBIG still offer service on the AO7?

Thanks,
    Jim Seargeant

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

AO-7 was discontinued eight years ago. There are no spare parts left in inventory.

That said, please give Bill at SBIG Repair Service a call; he may be able to help. See http://www.sbig.com/about-us/contact/

3. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

The biggest failure item on the AO-7 is the ribbon cable, which we are long out of. I don't recall the staus of the red light while the unit is powered up and idle but the light flashes while the unit is active.

4. Jan Soldan

Jan Soldan Cyanogen Customer

Jim,
    when you start the CCDOPs with your camera and AO connected, the AO should be detected automatically
    and you should see it on status bar as shown in attachment. Also, have you the newest SbigDriverChecker64
    and CCDOPs v 5 installed on your system ?
    Jan

Attached Files:

• ao.png
      ao.png
      File size:
      13.8 KB
      Views:
  5. mrquant

mrquant Standard User

I have an AO-7 I picked up in a box of stuff at a garage sale. I have no way to test it but it looks decent. I would be happy to send it to someone who can use it. I realize it is obsolete.

6. C. W. Robertson

C. W. Robertson Cyanogen Customer

mrquant:

I can use it. I just picked up one that is the "shutter" mode when it is connected to CCDOPS.

I'd be happy to pay for packing and shipping. Just let me know. I'm hopeful that I can get at least one of them working. But if anyone has an adjustment procedure for setting X and Y offset and gain, and the jumper settings for X and Y sense, I'd be very interested. I have a scope.

The one I have has a date code of 8/21/97, with a rev level of B1. with several post flow mods.

Thanks.

-C. W. Robertson
    SETEC Observatory
    http://setec-observatory.org/
    cwr 215 at gmail dot com

7. Terry Lenhardt

Terry Lenhardt Cyanogen Customer

I've got an AO-7 as well, looking for a good home, for the price of shipping. I haven't used it in some years having moved up to an AO-8. The last I knew it was fully functional but no promises at this point!

8. C. W. Robertson

C. W. Robertson Cyanogen Customer

Terry:

Sure, I'll cover packing and shipping. Just let me know. I've dropped SBIG and SBS and email. I've heard from SBIG, but Bill must be out of office ;) .
    But I like to tinker, and have an O'scope, and would really like to see if I couldn't get one working.

I hope to get one of them working with the SBIG SGS spectrograph. That is the goal.

Thanks.

-C. W. Robertson
    SETEC Observatory
    http://setec-observatory.org/
    cwr 215 at gmail dot com

9. Terry Lenhardt

Terry Lenhardt Cyanogen Customer

Taking contact offline...see your email!

Terry