AOX: RGH flush and "move"

Discussion in 'Guiding and Adaptive Optics - StarChaser and AO' started by sixburg, Jun 11, 2016.

1. sixburg

sixburg Cyanogen Customer

During AOX operation the guide tab flashes very rapidly and Camera 2 info show "flushing CCD camera". What is the purpose of this? I thought it had to do with RBI flush for the RGH; however, the flush length and flush count in AO Control | Setup | Options | Advanced Settings don't seem to have an affect--the flushing is still happening. I'd like to turn this off as it appears to be very processor intensive. Why would the RGH need to be flushed with exposures often as low as 0.01 second?

Also, the "Move" button on the guide tab flashes as well. Is this indicative of a "bump" or move of the mount as a correction? I thought the mount would only be bumped if the tilt was >= +/- 25% (the default activation level). You can see in the linked video the moves are happening with the tilt well within 75 or 25%.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1EB2DE63A1E30B50!5709&authkey=!AHbJi5Ur2CZFArg&ithint=video,mov

All drivers and firmware up to date.

Thanks for your help.

-Lloyd

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  2. Bob Denny

Bob Denny Cyanogen Customer

DC-3 Dreams, SP, Mesa, Arizona +1 480 396 9700
    The amazing thing is that it's still tracking at 7.5Hz!

3. sixburg

Ha! Hi Bob...

It seems to be doing well so I'm not really complaining ;-) Of course "we" question everything and always want that last little bit of understanding, performance, etc. When I'm not mysteriously "stuck" on 2.5 Hz, it will run between 7-9 all night long. Take care.

-Lloyd

4. sixburg

Is anyone from DL reading? I'd be happy to call if that helps. Thanks!

5. Doug

Doug Staff Member

In MaxIm DL, "flushing" really means "the camera is busy doing something". Often that is flushing the array, but sometimes it's other stuff.

6. sixburg

Thanks, Doug. What about the "Move"?

7. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Move will dim when the software thinks the function is not available. It's not intended as a display of anything, it's just responding to status reports from the camera.

8. sixburg

Thanks, Doug.