Artifacts in Image

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Kenn Hopkins, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Kenn Hopkins

Kenn Hopkins Standard User

I purchased the STF 8300m two years ago and now I'm getting weird artifacts in the images when size is increased by 200% in Photo Shop. An example would be to the left of NGC 2903 there are a few black spots and just to the left of those are some RBG lines. The stars are fine and the guiding maybe a little off in RA, making the start left right oblong, but these artifacts are interesting. I'm using the filter wheel for the STF 8300 and the filters are Astrodon Series II LRGB. I have not opened the STF Filter container since I put in the filters, they were clean then and I have no reason to believe they have become dirty or in need of cleaning. You may also notice the black artifacts are all over the image as will as the RGB lines. The pattern of the RGB seems to be left to right: Green, purple, green bottom of the pattern then green just above the last green on the right of the pattern. Then above that a purple above the bottom left green, then above that and above the two green on the right there is a line of RGB. The image I've attached has been reduced in size by half in order to save band width. This image was taken using the STF 8300m with Astrodon LRGB filters and an 80mm William Optics Megrez II. 1641_1220_color-Scaled.jpg
    Curious about these artifacts.
    Kenn

2. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

Kenn,

Can you send me a fits image

Can you call me this weekend. I want to go over some techniques as well.

Tim

3. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

Kenn,

Thanks for taking my call today. I was glad to hear you solved the problem.
    Call anytime if I can help.

Cheers
    Tim