B33 cropped to show stars

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Feb 22, 2019.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

CanonEOSII RebelT7i 'modified by Hutech' 9minISO6400 CR2.s at 2400mmF/L using Baader H-Beta and 7nm Ha and also TPO80A filters with stacked FITS of each filter again stacked as SUM in MaximDL Pro V6.16 . Then the FITS put into "ImagesPlus" to work on.x
    CanonEOSII RebelT7i 'modified by Hutech' Thru a TeleVue 2XPowerMate for 2400mmF/L tru a 152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare) as 9minISO6400 CR2.s as two H-Beta and four 7nmHa and two TPO80Alightblue 2in. filters . Sum stacked . I cropped the image is MaximDL Pro and did 'DoubleSize" to
    compare with the 'light' colored Hubble image and some stars in my image are in the Hubble image but the Hubble has a light orange tint which could
    be done with a light orange filter . I used "FFT Filter" with 'pixel-restrictions' below the star brightness as 'Low-Pass' 'Hard' and Radius-10 and
    Feathering-25 ' which smoothed the darker areas . I put the FITS into "ImagesPlus" and did the "FeatureMask" with Star Radius-15 and
    Threshold-at a lower than 'default' level with the slider , moved to the left which helps remove more stars … then 'Split Stars' and then "PixelMath"
    to the star image as 'Multiply' to make the stars a lot brighter . Then I did the 'Combine Images' and the second image is that result which has bright stars
    as compared to the first image from MaximDL Pro to smooth the 'background' after working on it in "ImagesPlus" like I usually do .x