B33 in Baader H-Beta

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Feb 20, 2019.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

B33 CanonEOSII Rebel T7i using a 'TPO 80A light-blue 2in. filter' thru a TeleVue 2XPowerMate for 2400mmF/L .
    I stacked this image in MaximDL Pro V6.16 like I usually do , then as a Max-Val screen-stretch I used the "Stretch"
    command to make it a 16-BIT image and 'Save As...' IEEE Float and then I put the FITS into "ImagesPLus" and did
    'DDP' and other things ; But, the next time I do the images I get in a little over a week when the Moon isn't out I'l
    use the TeleVue 2.5XPowerMate and do at least 12min or 13minISO6400 with TPO 80A filter and after 'DDP' stretch
    I'l do the 'Feature Mask' first and for 'star radius' in the top slider I'l leave a ' 10 ' and press 'APPLY' like this image example
    and leave the 'Fill' unchecked' so I see the stars removed easier and then 'Frequency Filter' the nebula image for 'sine waves'
    and the 'Split-Stars' I used the "PixelMath" 'Multiply' at near the full 3.0 to the right which greatly increased the star's brightness
    and then 'Combine' to two images and that's about it … some smoothing can be applied to the darker areas .
    {[ This is B33 done the same exposure and ISO but the camera was on a little bit off-axis but this is the Baader H-Beta and
    it's two CR2.s done in MaximDL Pro V6.16 like I usually do but for the "ConvertColor" I used ' R-25% , G-100% , and B-300% '
    and I Sum stacked them which made the slim content of each image look a little thicker . I put the FITS into "ImagesPlus" and
    did the "DDP" stretch , then I did the "FeatureMask" but it wouldn't remove the stars except for three large ones so that doesn't work .
    I did smoothing and "MicroCurves" to make the image a little lighter . This image shows what you might be trying to see by eye thru
    an eyepiece with this filter type .]} x

Attached Files: