Bias setting

Discussion in 'Image Capture' started by Geoff Hughes, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Geoff Hughes

Geoff Hughes Cyanogen Customer

In MaximDL and trying to capture a bias frame for calibration. I specify "bias" under Frame Type (with Find Star under Exposure Preset) and select "Single" on the right. The "Seconds" is set to "1" and greyed out so I cannot set it to 0.000. I did not have this problem with a prior bias frame capture. What's up? (I have "No Calibration" checked under Options.)

2. Geoff Hughes

Geoff Hughes Cyanogen Customer

In MaximDL and trying to capture a bias frame for calibration. I have attached a screen capture of my settings, showing "bias" specified under Frame Type. The "Seconds" is set to "1" and greyed out so I cannot set it to 0.000 unless I specify, for example, Darks. Then I can set it to zeros and switch to Bias. Why does the panel not allow Seconds to be changed when under "Bias", or at least set Seconds to zeroes by default?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  3. Tim

Tim Staff Member

When you select "Bias" as the Frame Type, the parameters of the exposure default to what they should be for a Bias frame, i.e. 0 second exposure time and the Exposure Time text box is disabled. Ignore the value in the disabled text box, it does not reflect the exposure actual time used.