Resolved Brand New License reported as Invalid or Out of Date

Discussion in 'Demo User Tech Support' started by Colin Eldridge, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Colin Eldridge

Colin Eldridge Cyanogen Customer

Possibly some sort of computer glitch though ALL other software running OK.
    Run Maxim and program reports license expired. Re-entered current license which is still valid and program continues to report invalid or expired.
    Note... I have been using Maxim for about 6 years so not a total newbie.
    I purchased a new license yesterday and reloaded Maxim 6.13. Same problem persists with brand new license.
    I completely removed... Maxim, Maxim files in documents folder, Maxim V6 directory from Program Files X86, rebooted computer, reinstalled Maxim from a fresh download. Program asks for new license. Copied new license to clipboard, entered new license, Maxim reports Entered License is Invalid or Expired.
    Assistance please to get back on track
    Colin Eldridge

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Works for me.

Maybe your email is corrupted. I'll resend your license via private message.

3. Colin Eldridge

Thanks Doug,
    Looks like the problem may be with the computer. I have successfully installed Maxim on another computer using the new license.
    Any clues as to the cause of the symptoms on the main computer would be helpful, Permissions ??, it is a Windows 7 system, plenty of memory and grunt, has been working well for a number of years.
    Thanks for your help
    Colin

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Check the date/time on the system. If it were way out of whack that might confuse the licensing software.

Other than that, I can't imagine what would cause it to fail on just one computer.

5. Colin Eldridge

I am sure you have been told many times just how brilliant you are :)
    The suspected computer glitch must have corrupted/reset the time back to 2012.
    All systems go... thanks for your help
    Colin