Bubble NGC7635 'bias'and'dark' extraction

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Nov 29, 2018.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

I was reading in a CCDOps for SBIG for the ST-402 which was an old webpage I found and it said that Average 'stacking' is the thing
    to do . If you Average four[4] 'light' frames together you will double the 'signal' as compared to a 'single' 'light' frame .. and to
    double the 'signal' again you would have to Average sixteen[16] 'light' frames together to do a double-double increased 'signal' .
    So then I'm thinking to do a double-double-double you would have to Average sixtyfour[64] 'light' frames together and a
    double-double-double-double would be to Average two hundred and fiftysix[256] 'light' frames together to be using the ratio of 4:1 .
    So... I have tried a lot of things with 'stacking' as Average and Sigma-Clip in MaximDL Pro V6.16 where you can look at the 'Log' window
    and see what might be rejected for the Sigma-Clip 'Sigma-Factor' which set to ' 0.00 ' won't reject anything but ' 10.00 ' will reject 7% of the
    'outlier-pixels' and looks a little cleaner for some 'light' frames …..but I'm thinking '''why would I want to reject outlier-pixels in 'darks' and 'bias'
    frames using Sigma-Clip Combine using the "Set Calibration" command to make BiasMasters and DarkMasters ?""" . So.. I'm thinking that
    AVERAGE is the way to go for the BiasMasters and DarkMasters and that't what I tried with the Canon EOS Rebel T7i 'modified by Hutech' DSLR .
    I first did the BiasMaster with 256-frames with the proper 'Remove Pedestal' setting and I used the AVERAGE method , which only takes a few minutes .
    Then I did the DarkMaster with 40-frames 5minISO6400 and I used the BiasMaster on the Average method to try and retain all the statistics by using
    the Average method . I used a heating pad for more heat for the 'darks' to get more 'dark-current; in the 'darks' and the temperatures did vary .
    For the Rebel T7i I did the 'darks' for 5min for 40-frames for each ISO from 200 to 400 to 800 to 1600 to 3200 to 6400 and the 'bias' frames the
    same for each as the ISO6400 ones mentioned above and all as an Average method Combine . I think it might be working and here are some
    examples of two different CR2. images of the Bubble NGC7635 where one is 200secISO6400 at 950mm F/L with a Baader 7nm Hydrogen Alpha filter
    and the other is 570secISO6400 . The 200secISO6400 has one 'Calibrated' and the other is the same image 'not-calibrated' , and the 570secISO6400
    was done the same way to compare the results of 'Calibrated' and 'not-calibrated' .x
    I might try to do twentyfour[24] more 'darks' at 5minISO6400 and then make the DarkMaster from sixtyfour[64] 'darks' for a stronger 'signal' that
    might remove more 'dark-current' or 'darkness' from a 'Calibrated' image .?.x
    The images are CR2. and "Resize" to 6.5micron pixels and then "HalfSize" and they are 'screen-stretched' the same for the exposure they were done at
    and then to a jpg. x