Can I change the email for my license?

Discussion in 'Licensing Issues' started by Geert Vanhauwaert, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Geert Vanhauwaert

Geert Vanhauwaert Cyanogen Customer

Hello

I am going to give up a domain and I want to change all registrations asociated with it.
    So my Maxim DL License is registered to an email account in that domain, and I want to change it to a gmail account.
    Is that possible?

Geert

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

If you send me your new email address, I can add it to our database record for your license contact details. The email in your license can not be changed without issuing a new license, which we can not do. However, if you ever renew your update subscription for MaxIm DL, you can use your new email address, and it will be used instead. That said, the email in your license is not used for any purpose other than to generate the random serial number, so there is no real reason to need to change it.

3. Dennis Estill

Dennis Estill Standard User

I used a very old email address for my license and don't have it any more. How do I change it v5.15 ?

4. Tim

Tim Staff Member

The email address in your license is used to generate the license only. It is not used by us for communications at all, so there is no real reason to change it. The best thing to do, is wait until you renew your update subscription, or purchase an upgrade, and your new license will reflect the email address submitted.