Staff Assigned: Owen Lawrence Canon 6D & Canon 5DM4 support in Maxim DL Pro

Discussion in 'Image Capture' started by steve hoffman, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Owen Lawrence

Owen Lawrence Staff Member

Hi Chris,

Thanks for checking in. Sorry, no update yet.

- Owen -

2. Michael Adler

Michael Adler Cyanogen Customer

Hi, I am a long time MaxinDl user for my FLI and SBIG cameras. I want to use a new Canon 5D Mk4 camera for the August eclipse. Any update on when the Mk4 will be supported.
    Mike Adler

3. Chris Foster

Chris Foster Cyanogen Customer

ITs now been two months any update????

4. Chris Foster

It is now mid June, with no update. I am just about to delete Maxim DL from my computer. It is totally useless to me. SGP works better and I get response from them. I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with this program and its support

5. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Cyanogen Customer

My 6D with 1.1.6 and the 6D with 1.1.7 both seem to work with the new 6.14 Beta 1.
    Just need to get some clear skies.

6. Owen Lawrence

Hi Mike,

We can't predict when we can add support for this camera. We rely on Canon's software development kit (SDK), and the latest version doesn't support it yet. We also rely on 3rd party software to load raw (.cr2) images, and that software doesn't support this new camera either. Once these two pieces have been updated we can go ahead with our own enhancements. Sorry, I wish I had better news.

- Owen -

7. Chris Foster

I just tested the MaximDL 6.14 beta on my Canon 6d and it worked without crashing. Version 6.13 crashes every time.

8. Owen Lawrence

Chris, you can thank Colin for the improvement. (And maybe he'll tell you the trick for getting it to work on V6.13. :))

Mike, please try the new Beta (2). It includes changes that might work with your 5K Mark IV. I'd appreciate hearing how it performs in your hands.

- Owen -

9. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Cyanogen Customer

Okay, so the trick with 1.1.7 on the old 6.13 is to make sure the 6D internal GPS is turned off. Or make sure it doesnt get a lock on the satellites. Hard to do when you are outside. Not guaranteed to be a fix, but Owen and I spent some quality time together, and were astounded at what this GPS weirdness was causing. You can work with the GPS either way with 6.14 Beta 1 or 2. Recommend you do that instead.