Can't get photometry to work

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Wesley Cash, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Wesley Cash

Wesley Cash Cyanogen Customer

I have been try to do photometry with images taken with my STF-8300, using Maxim DL.

When I try to graph the measurements from the images I get no graph window and the program freezes. Even when I close the program (Maxim DL) the next time I open it , it is still sluggish and unresponsive like something is still running. Any ideas?

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Cyanogen Customer

Which version of MaxIm and OS are you running on and what's the PC ? e.g. MDL 6.13 Windows 10 64bit Anniversary Edition 1607 on an Asus laptop with i7 3GHz processor 8GB RAM and nVidia 620M graphics chip. Can you post a screen shot and maybe use Dropbox to post some sample images that give the problem? Steps to reproduce?

3. Wesley Cash

Wesley Cash Cyanogen Customer

Hello Colin: I am running Version 6.13 of Maxim Dl IP 6, My computer is a Dell Precision Laptop with 8 GB Ram, an Intel Core i7-4710 MQ CPU @ 2.50 GHz, Nvidia Quadro K3100 graphics card, 64 Bit Operating ssystem, Windows 10 Pro version 1607, OS Build 14393.576.
    I am running Malware Bytes anti virus along with the windows anti virus.

The only screen shot would show an image with a chosen star to measure along with several reference and check stars. When I hit graph I get nothing further. No error messages as the program freezes. After a few minutes
    after closing the image window, the program will sluggishly respond to some commands such as opening a new image. Even after closing and reopening the program, it still responds as if something is still running in the
    background.

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Cyanogen Customer

Hmmm... Are you doing multiple images in memory or a bunch on disk? Just the one image?