CCDOps Problem

Discussion in 'Image Capture' started by Terry Corridan, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Terry Corridan

Terry Corridan Standard User

I am using CCDOps ver 5.61 Build O-NT. I am very happy with this software except for one annoying feature. I find that after I have started an imaging sequence, if I click on another program (file manager, guiding software etc.) I am unable to cancel the imaging process until that particular exposure has finished and another one started. This means that I have to sometimes wait ten or fifteen minutes before I can cancel. I cannot just exit the program because I need to warm up the camera sensor first.

Can anyone please tell me if there is any way around this problem?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Unfortunately, this is not a "feature", but could be a side effect of a single threaded program that requires a lot of processing power. Is it a new computer? Other software applications like MaxIm DL would be more responsive in this respect as they can run multi-threaded operations.

How are you trying to cancel the process? Have you tried the "ESC" key instead?

3. Terry Corridan

This is not a new computer. It is a Dell Optiplex 990, Intel Core i7 64 bit processor, Windows 7 Pro service pack 1.

I don’t understand your “this is not a feature” remark. Surely the program must have a feature that will allow you to cancel an imaging sequence. I am using the ECS key. I don’t know of any other way to cancel a sequence.

In earlier correspondence, you told me that this problem is a programming problem and that your programmers were going to fix it. Is this still going to happen? If so, can you please tell me when?

4. Tim

Tim Staff Member

I have never spoken to you before I don't believe. It looks like it was Tim Puckett, and Jan, not me.

I will find out from the programmers what the status is.

5. Terry Corridan

Sorry. Yes, it was Tim Puckett. I thought you were Tim Puckett - the post had the name Tim attached to it.

Thanks for checking with your programmers.