Resolved CCDOps Version 5.61 Build 0 Issue

Discussion in 'CCDOPS and SBIG Universal Driver (Retired)' started by Mike Hambrick, May 10, 2018.

1. Mike Hambrick

Mike Hambrick Cyanogen Customer

I downloaded the current version of CCDOps (5.61 Build 0) a couple weeks ago. Since then, every time I start up my camera (ST2000-XM with CFW9) it does not recognize that there is a filter, and I have to go to the setup filter command to acknowledge the setup of the CFW9. With the previous version of CCDOps that I was running (5.58 Build 5), the camera would start up and set the clear filter in position whenever I established the com-link to the camera. Any ideas or suggestions what is causing this ?

2. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

Mike, I think you have to run that program as administrator and set up the filter position names. Then successfully close the program and when you run it again it should have the filter values saved in the registry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Mike Hambrick

Hi Tim
    I tried running CCDOps in admin mode but this did not solve the problem. I established the com-link to the camera it said that the filter position is "None". When I opened the Filter Setup menu, all of the filter names and positions were still there like the filter had already been set up, and I just clicked OK. Once I did this the filter was recognized and it was in the Luminance position. I shut everything down and went back to the normal (non-admin) mode, and the problem was still there. The system did not recognize that the filter wheel was attached.

This is mostly a nuisance issue because everything seems to work OK after I go to the filter setup and click OK. It is just strange that this never happened with the previous version of CCDOps that I was using.

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

You could try turning UAC off.

5. Mike Hambrick

Thanks Colin, but I am not sure what UAC is. Could you give me a little more detail ?

6. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Windows User Account Control. It is a security mechanism that prevents users from doing some insecure things, including modify files in the Program Files (x86) directory, likely where the CCDops may be storing the filter configuration.
    You'll want to google how to turn it off temporarily.

7. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

There were some changes to the CCDOps filter wheel detection algorithm to fix a bug involving 402s and newer cameras, but a consequence of that hot-fix was that auto-detection stopped working. I'm working on a fix for auto-detection on connect, but I'm bouncing between many projects at the moment so it's not moving as quickly as it could. Apologies for the inconvenience.

8. Mike Hambrick

Colin - As always thanks again for your help. I disabled the User Account Control per your suggestion and repeated the filter setup while running CCDOps in the administrator mode, but it did not make any difference. Afterwards, when I opened up the forum to post the results I saw Adam Robichaud's post that this is in fact a bug in the software that he is working on a fix for.
    Adam - Thanks for responding. As stated previously, this is mostly a nuisance issue because it only takes a couple clicks of the mouse to get the filter recognized and in position. I hope that you are able to get the bug worked out soon.