CE_SHARE_ERROR

Discussion in 'CCDOPS and SBIG Universal Driver (Retired)' started by Yoddha, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Yoddha

Yoddha Standard User

Hello Jan,

I got a strange report. In some cases APT is giving "false" warnings that can't read the CCD temperature. I have managed to reproduce the situation using the simulator. It happens if a plan is started immediately after cooling with "Cooling Aid" and without closing the aid dialog. In this case sometimes temperature reading gives CE_SHARE_ERROR in other it pass fine !?!?

I have checked the code and there is nothing strange. A dialog box that have logic to change and read the temperature... It accesses the same CCD object... Do you have idea why CE_SHARE_ERROR is returned?

Many thanks,
    Ivo

2. Jan Soldan

Jan Soldan Cyanogen Customer

Ivo,
    I do not exactly understand your message, but the CE_SHARE_ERROR is returned in the case user calls some functions concurently, for example your read CCD temperature, while another function is still in progress and didn't return back to the caller yet.
    What is APT ? Is is a multithreaded application ? If this is a case, you have to synchronize your access to the driver, because it uses _one_ I/O channel.
    Regards,
    Jan

3. Yoddha

Yoddha Standard User

Hi Jan,

APT is Astro Photography Tool (www.astroplace.net) :) You have helped me with several problems with the SBIG support.

Yes, APT is multithreaded and the issue appears when second thread (a dialog box in the case) starts to query the camera parameters. Thank you! I'll put some synchronization handling :)