Celestron CPC 1100 compatibility?

Discussion in 'General' started by Pipercub, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Pipercub

Pipercub Standard User

Hello,
    Want to purchase MAXIM DL .... will this work with Celestron CPC 1100?

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

3. Pipercub

Pipercub Standard User

I have a Starizona Hyperstar and ATIK 420 that I plan to use on the FASTAR of my CPC 1100 XLT GPS scope. Currently I use the NEXSTAR+ control to align, go to etc. I have limited astrophotography experience (planet/moon imaging) I assumed I would need to get a reliable telescope control program as well as capture, image processing software. Not familiar with ASCOM driver, will go learn.

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

MaxIm DL can control the telescope reliably. It has a built-in planetarium for telescope control. It may not have all the bells and whistles of a full-fledged planetarium program, but it has what you need to control the telescope, find and slew to objects, compose your shot, etc.

5. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Just keep in mind you have to do the Alignment of the scope before you can control it with software.

6. Pipercub

Pipercub Standard User

I first heard of MAXIM DL from Starizona and was going to follow the instructions on the Starizona website found here: https://starizona.com/tutorial/hyperstar-instructions/#

The instructions direct installation of the lens/camera followed by Align Telescope. However, the first step is Launch Maxim DL S/W and then align stars through the MAXIM DL crosshairs. Is that right?

7. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

The instructions from Dean and the team at Starizona are quite good.
    They are designed for the initial setup and checkout, and it looks like the info there is quite reasonable.