Staff Assigned: Bill Lynch CFW error motor timeout. Error = 31004

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by hodmandod, Jun 17, 2019.

1. hodmandod

hodmandod Standard User

[​IMG]
    Philip Perkins <blireina@gmail.com>
    Jun 20, 2019, 5:36 PM (2 days ago)

to bill@sbig.com
    [​IMG]

Hi Bill

Sending it is easier. Is shipping your cost under warranty, or mine?

If you give me the address you want it sent to, I will get it to you by car or post. I am keen to have it back in working order.

Regards

Philip

blireina@gmail.com

1551 Milestone Road

Robesonia PA 19551 USA

610 488 6682

[​IMG]
    Bill Lynch
    Jun 20, 2019, 5:42 PM (2 days ago)

to me
    [​IMG]
    Philip,

yes, being in PA, it would be quicker to send it. Normal warranty policy is that the Customer sends it in and we send it back but since your camera is brand spanking new... I'll pay to get it here and send it back. If you can tell me the box dimensions and weight, I'll send you a UPS label.

Please include a note restating the reason for return along with your phone number, email and return address. Send it to:

SBIG Service & Repair Center

3769 Constellation Road, Unit D

Lompoc, CA 93436

805 308-6979

I'm going to be out of my shop from Wednesday, June 26th until Monday, July 8th. You'd want to send it so it arrives sometime after the 8th.

Regards,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Jun 20, 2019, 9:15 PM (2 days ago)

to Bill
    [​IMG]
    Hi Bill

Thank you - it sounds like a good plan. Should I take the filters out, or can I leave them where they are? I would imagine they are safe in the wheel, and I do not need to handle them again to take them out.?

I will get the shipping box sorted out shortly, I hope. I started the change of equipment in my obs late November last year. New scope etc etc. until now. It seems never ending. And I have yet to take a picture of the dark skies. C'est la vie!

Regards
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bill Lynch
    Jun 21, 2019, 10:42 AM (1 day ago)

to me
    [​IMG]
    Philip,

You can leave the filters in or take them out, it's your choice. I always recommend taking them out but it's up to you. I'm sure you'd be quite disappointed if something happened to them though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    10:22 AM (11 hours ago)

to Bill
    [​IMG]
    Hi Bill

The package was sealed, and the filters are in there. I am sure they are in safe hands.

The package dimensions are L - 23"; H - 17"; W - 11". The weight is 20 lbs. Can you send the UPS label please. Will you insure for replacement value?

The reason for return is faulty camera/filter unit. CCDOPS reported CFW error. Occurred in the query state. CFW Motor Timeout. The very first error was CFW error motor timeout. Error=31004.

I look forward to getting it back ASAP please.

Regards
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    9:13 PM (15 minutes ago)

to Bill
    [​IMG]
    Hi Bill

I do find your methods of selling and fixing the problems in your products are far from good. I bought $10,000.00 of equipment, which should have worked perfectly. As they used to a few years ago. And, I am now waiting for you to come back from your vacation, before you can deal with my, your customers, issues. Not good. The customer comes first. If I am not important, then keep my camera, and refund my money at once.

Regards
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pablotwa likes this.