CFW10 and CCDops

Discussion in 'Filter Wheels' started by adastragrl, Sep 8, 2015.

1. adastragrl

adastragrl Standard User

Help?!

We've gotten some hand-me down computers from the department so that we could upgrade from WinXP to Win7 (and Win8.1)... The new machines are both 32 bit though.

I've done a clean install of the SBIGDriverChecker64, CCDops... CCDops can take pics BUT how do I change the name of the filters for the filter wheel??

I've gone through several times and edited the names in the Filter setup screen, but they don't hold. I've looked back through messages here and the SBIG Yahoo group where there was a suggestion of running the calibrate/initialize which I did, but nothing...

So, how do I edit the filter names so that they stick? (Getting frantic because we've started classes and I need to get these systems up and running for our labs).

Clear Skies!

Elizabeth Warner
    warnerem@astro.umd.edu
    301-405-6555

2. adastragrl

adastragrl Standard User

Okay... Whereas most other programs hint that you need to run as administrator, this one didn't, but that's what works. (I have several other programs that I right-click, run as, so I'm not sure why this solution didn't come to me in this instance... so yes, I feel stupid!)...

Clear Skies!
    Elizabeth

3. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

Thanks for the call Elizabeth.
    Let me know if running as admin makes a difference.