Resolved CFW8 not working

Discussion in 'Filter Wheels' started by David Compton, Dec 1, 2018.

1. David Compton

David Compton Cyanogen Customer

Okay, I’m having a very similar issue with Maxim dL. My filter wheel lies. It says filter moving but my images show the same filter no matter which one I pick (dust spot identical in flat). Also, I opened up the filter wheel case and cleaned it all, tension on the motor spring is good, wheel axel spins loose but not too loose with motor disengaged. When I turn on power, camera does it’s thkng and filter wheel finds first slot.
    But when I change filter in Maxim and hit expose, the wheel does not move. Maxim reports filter wheel moving then stops and exposes frame. Any ideas?

Sgt-8300 fw8-8300. Maxim show SBIG universal, cfw-8

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

MaxIm DL should be set to Standard, not CFW-8.

3. David Compton

I’ve tried that and filter wheel will not connect. Error message. I’ll login and remind myself what it says.

4. David Compton

BTW, that beats the record for fastest tech support response I’ve ever had :) you must have clear skies :)

5. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Freezing rain actually.

If you can get the error message that will be helpful. Also please ZIP and upload your settings file (Documents\MaxIm DL 6\Settings).

6. David Compton

Looks like all I had to do was complain about it. I set it up as standard and it hooked up. I tried some flats and got different dust spots for different filters.

Till next time, thanks