CFW9 Locked Up

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Mike Hambrick, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Mike Hambrick

Mike Hambrick Cyanogen Customer

My CFW9 locked up last night part way through a series of RGB of exposures (20 minutes each). I had completed the red exposure, and when I changed the filter to green, the "Filter Moving" message was displayed in the status bar, but there was no movement of the filter. Usually, you can hear the filter wheel move, and the new filter position will be set after just a few seconds. After an extended delay of maybe 10 or 15 seconds, I got an error message saying that the filter wheel was busy. I waited several minutes to see if this changed but it did not.
    The only way I was able to recover the filter wheel was to shut the camera down (I have a ST2000-XM), shut down CCDOps, and completely power down the camera. When I restarted everything the filter wheel was responding again as normal.
    I had the same problem occur on one previous occasion several months ago.
    Is there a fix for this problem ? Note that I regularly check for and download all of the latest drivers.
    Alternatively, does anyone know of any tricks for recovering from this problem with minimal interruption to the imaging.

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

One possibility is simply a communications error with the PC - maybe your USB cable has gotten flaky. Next time try unplugging and replugging the USB if it locks up, then shut down and restart CCDOPS. If that works then you have a communications problem.

3. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

You can also need to check Windows Power Management - ensuring USB Selective Suspend is disabled, on the USB devices, hubs, root hubs.