doing multifilter exposures for photometry

Discussion in 'Demo User Tech Support' started by RFA, Oct 7, 2018.

1. RFA

RFA Standard User

I cannot find how to do multifilter exposures for photometry. I create as much slots as I have filters (B-V-R-I for example). Then I need that the slots 1 to 4 are sequentially repeated: 1-2-3-4 and again 1-2-3-4 and again 1-2-3-4 this for a certain time span or a certain numbers of revolvers or limited by time or end of session.
    Using autosave option does not give this result, it is doing slot 1 x-times, slot 2 x-time, slot 3 x-time etc. this cannot be used for photometry exposing.
    Thank you for your help.

2. William B

William B Cyanogen Customer

In the autosave window, set the number of images for each filter, for example, ten images each of B, V, R, I, set delay between filters if required, click the 'Options' button and make sure to deselect 'Group by Slot' (there should be no check-mark against 'Group by Slot' ) then 'Apply' to save the sequence.

With 'Group by Slot' deselected in 'Options' the autosave sequence will take one image per filter then change filter and take the next image, it will then repeat the sequence until the requested number of images are taken for each slot.

See image attached.

For more complicated sequences such as time series or begin-and-end at a defined time this cannot be done in the MaxIm UI directly, you would need to either write your own scripts to automate MaxIm using the built-in automation interface or use a separate commercial automation program such as ACP, CCD Commander, CCD Autopilot etc.

William.

Photometry sequence.jpg