east/west switch not working on ALL SKY-340 camera

Discussion in 'CCDOPS and SBIG Universal Driver (Retired)' started by Domenico Iacovone, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Domenico Iacovone

Domenico Iacovone Standard User

Dear All,

I operate an AllSky-340C Camera and I'm experiencing some problems during camera operations.
    east/west hardware switch (on the bottom side of the camera) doesn't work properly.
    Could you please suggest any solution on this issue?

Best regards,

e-Geos team

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Can you describe what happens...odd behaviour, or it does not function at all?

3. Domenico Iacovone

Yes, it does not function at all.

4. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Have you reviewed the "Guide Port" section in the Users Guide, "Appendix B: Connectors", on page 35?

Is it setup properly?:

In order for the East/West toggle switch to function properly with GEM mounts, the SG-4 assumes that +X and –X moves correspond to RA.

5. Domenico Iacovone

Thank you Tim, my question is why we don't any image changes switching the east/west button?
    I suppose that toggling the east7west button i expect an image flipping around the north/south axis.
    Is it correct?
    Thank you in advance.

iaco

6. Tim

Tim Staff Member

The east/west toggle switch is referring to the SG-4 autoguider inside the AllSky unit only....you do not use it when using the SG-4 as an AllSky camera unit, as it is stationary. The switch is intended for use when used as an auto-guider when pier-flip occurs.

The AllSky camera is used in a stationary position and therefore the guide port of the internal SG-4 is not generally used for AllSky monitoring.