Entering License

Discussion in 'Demo User Tech Support' started by Cameron McEwing, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Cameron McEwing

Cameron McEwing Standard User

Hi There

I have just downloaded and installed the MaximDL demo. I found I could not enter any text in "Maxim DL 6 User Registration" window. I could click in a text field, and get a cursor, but when I entered text from the keyboard, no text appeared in the text field. I could type fine, but nothing appeared in the text fields. I checked that the keyboard was working in notepad, and it was. I even tried copying text from notepad and pasting it into the registration window but it didn't work. So I am unable to activate the demo.

(I am running 64bit Windows Home Premium)

It is all a little confusing. Please help.

Also I tried to activate technical support twice (as instructed) with the correct details on the "Technical Support Access Request Form" but was told via email "We regret to inform you that an error occurred validating your request to activate your Diffraction Limited Technical Support subscription." and the email instructed me to post here.

Cheers

Cameron

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

You can't enter the license text manually because it is too long. All you need to do is copy the entire license email to your clipboard (CTRL-A, CTRL-C) and it will automatically enter itself into the license dialog box.

For additional details please see:

http://www.diffractionlimited.com/help/maximdl/Installation.htm

You cannot sign up for technical support because you do not own a license for the software. Interim technical support for demo users is available in this section (Demo User Tech Support).

3. Cameron McEwing

Cameron McEwing Standard User

Hi Doug

Thanks for the suggestion. But I cannot enter or cut and paste text into the text boxes in the Registration window. Either way no text appears in the text fields. They remain blank.

Cheers

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

You don't paste.

The ENTIRE license needs to copied to the clipboard, in the original format. When you do that, the software will AUTOMATICALLY enter it for you.

If it doesn't work, then you didn't select the entire license.