EOS raw file

Discussion in 'Demo User Tech Support' started by Yiannis, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Yiannis

Yiannis Standard User

Hello everyone,
    trying to find out my way around with a demo version of MaxIm DL 6 (6.08), i came up with a frustrating puzzle trying to open raw files from my EOS 6D camera.
    1. The native resolution of the camera is 5472 x 3648 and this is the resolution that Canon programs indicate while opening a raw file. This is not the case with MaxIm DL witch opens the file as EOS RAW . The resulting image has (Image width: 5496 Image height: 3670) .
    2. As you can see in the attached files, i opened a raw file with MaxIm DL, converted it in colour choosing 6D camera. I opened the same raw file with Canon Digital Photo professional software, converted the photo in TIF 16 bit and saved the new file. I also opened the TIF file in MaxIm DL so i can compare the resulting images. The comparison shows significant differences in the resulting image, with DL image showing patterns on strait or horizontal lines that do not come up to the canon image. Could this be a change in the raw coding that MaxIm DL does not know? Is something changed in registration of bayer planes?

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

Yiannis

Attached Files:

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

can you send us one of your CR2 images and one of your TIF images?

-------

Windows XP:

You can login to our FTP server with these credentials to avoid transfer problems and size restrictions:

FTP Host Address: ftp.diffractionlimited.com
    User ID : anonymous@diffractionlimited.com
    Password : (NO PASSWORD)

To login, open "Windows Explorer", (Not Internet Explorer), and paste the following address into the address bar:

ftp://anonymous%40diffractionlimited.com:password@diffractionlimited.com

- Please *ZIP* your images, and use your name as the file name for the zip, i.e.: "myname.zip".

- Upload your ZIP file into the "INCOMING" folder.

- Once you upload your image into the "Incoming" folder, *NO* file will appear...this is normal.

- Please inform us when you have completed the upload

-----------------------

Windows Vista/7:

1: Click on Start button in Windows Vista/7 and then click on "Computer".

2: Click on “Map network drive”

3: "Map Network Drive" window will open. Now click on the link "Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures."

4: Now simply follow the step by step wizard to add a new network location. Select"Choose a custom network location" when given the choice of where to create this network connection.

5: Type our ftp address ftp://ftp.diffractionlimited.com and click "Next"

6: Check "Log on anonymously" then click "Next"

7: Once the wizard is completed, if it does not open automatically, click on the Start button in Windows Vista/7 and then click on "Computer", and you should see the FTP server listed under the Network Location. You can access it the same way you access any folder on your computer.

-----------------------

Third party FTP Clients such as "Filezilla" can be used to upload software to our FTP server as well.

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php

Once the software is installed, use the following credentials to connect:

Host: ftp.diffractionlimited.com
    User Name: anonymous@diffractionlimited.com
    Password: (NO PASSWORD)

Copy or drag your files into the window panel on the right to upload your files.

Once the files have been successfully uploaded, you will *not* see them in the Filezilla program but we will receive them.

Let us know when the transfer is complete.

-------

3. Yiannis

Yiannis Standard User

the files are uploaded, in case you need anything please don't hesitate to ask.

best regards,

Yiannis

4. Yiannis

Yiannis Standard User

Hello,

did you come up with a solution on this issue?

Best regards,

Yiannis