Staff Assigned: Adam Robichaud Error code 1001

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Jones Howell, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Jones Howell

Jones Howell Cyanogen Customer

My driver checker does not have the log button!

2. William B

William B Cyanogen Customer

Try....

Close Maxim and disconnect the camera from the computer then uninstall the SBIG driver checker program from Apps and Features, to get there, type programs in the search box on the bottom tool bar then from the list that pops up look for the item Add or remove programs, system settings, click that link and the Apps and Features page will open.
    In the search box type SBIG, or scroll down the list manually until you find the program SBIG 64 Bit Driver Checker, click on it then click Uninstall.
    There maybe more than one copy so uninstall all copies that are listed.

Next...

Download a fresh copy of the SBIG Driver checker but don't open the program in the normal way by double clicking, instead, right click the installer file SetupDriverChecker64 and from the list that pops up click Run as administrator, this install the program with elevated privileges.

Lastly.....

After the new copy of the SBIG 64 driver checker is installed then do the same thing again to open it, don't double click the program shortcut but instead right click the program shortcut and choose to Run as Administrator again. Hopefully you will now see the Debug log button.

HTH

William.

Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 10.11.27.jpg

3. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

JH - you are running an old version of the SBIG Driver Checker. Unplug the camera. Uninstall the SBIG Driver Checker. Follow Doug's instructions and download and install the new one.
    When you have the correct one, you can check About/Help, you should get: 4.03 build 4

4. Jones Howell

Okay, that all worked, I got the log button and hopefully the log file.

Attached Files:

5. Jones Howell

Well, where is everyone? I finally got a DriverChecker64Log file and it's there for all to see (no problems in the driver). Soi what's next?

6. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Do you have a filter wheel on this camera ?

7. Jones Howell

No, no color wheel, just an ST8300C camera

8. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Hmmmm.... there was an error that had something to do with the filter wheel. Can you check your camera settings to ensure that no filter wheel is selected.
    Also, there is evidence that you had selected an SX (Starlight Express) camera at some point in the past - were you trying that at some point?
    Does the SBIG camera have the latest firmware? (Use the Firmware tab in the SBIG Driver Checker).

9. Jones Howell

Doug, were you able to look at my debug log file?

10. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I asked Adam to take a look.

11. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

The last thing in the log file that I'm seeing is a failed connection an FW5. There's another error code further up the file, but it doesn't appear to be affecting anything. There's no software reason MaxIm DL should be attempting to connect to a filter wheel — I'm going to load up your settings tomorrow (first thing) to try and reproduce this again, but failing that I'm not sure why this isn't working... There may be a registry entry, or corrupted settings file somewhere throwing everything off.

12. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

Sadly, your settings had no issues connecting for me. Could I log into the affected PC remotely (via TeamViewer) so I can see the problem for myself?

13. RILKE MARCONI

RILKE MARCONI Standard User

SBIG ST-8300C ERROR MAXIM DL 6.jpg Hello, I am the same problem with my camera SBIG ST-8300C with the software Maxim DL 6, the same error, can someone give me a hint how to solve this problem.