Great Cygnus Wall

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Dec 30, 2019.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

152mm A+MRefractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) thru a TeleVue .8XReducer/Flattener for 950mmF/L using a CanonEOSII RebelT7i 'modified UV-IR @ Hutech' and doing 'one-shotColor' images as five Lumicon UHC 81secISO6400 , nine Baader SII as four 81secISO6400 and five 102secISO6400 , and nine Baader 7nm HydrogenAlpha for one 51secISO6400 and two 81secISO6400 and two 61secISO6400 and two 45secISO6400 and two 127secISO6400 images . I put the CR2.s into MaximDL Pro V6.16 and I did a BatchProcess and 'save' to 'New' Folder . I then Sum stacked each color filter set and after that I made them Mono with a proceedure I used before and then the "Color Stack" and after that some small color and color plane alignment . This image shows that it can be done with short exposures .x

I was trying 30secISO6400 indoors with a Canon 18-55mmLens at 33mmF/L without any lights except for the laptop light which was behind the
    RebelT7i . I did it thru MaximDL Pro V6.16 which doesn't do over 30sec exposures … I then tried the DSLR's 'High ISO Noise Reduction' at each setting
    and it seems to work OK so I'l try using 'Low' when I image because it looks like a slight dark tone is being removed in an image and it looks
    brighter than without the 'High ISO Noise Reduction' being applied .x

Brian Atteridge likes this.
  2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I'd suggest doing a crop to remove the color bands on the outer edges. That will make it look a lot nicer. And then maybe play with the contrast and color balance a bit; I think you can improve on that a bit.

3. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

OK , I tried doing something to the SII image and I tried again , thanx