Helix NGC7293

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Oct 16, 2018.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

Helix for 21-CR2.s done in "ImagesPLus" with a Baader UV-IR Cut-Off 2in. filter thru a TeleVue .8XRedcr/Fltnr for 950mmF/L with a
    Canon EOS Rebel T7i modified by Hutech thru a 152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare) for a majority of 195secISO1600 images
    Two images were 300secISO1600 which makes the image a little bright ...so .. about 200secISO1600 works OK .x

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

This is one of your better images. The stars still seem a bit oval - are you guiding?

3. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

yes.. I was 'guiding' with MaximDL Pro V6.16 ... but the clouds were out from 8:00 to 9:00 pm that night .. so after that
    I used Matar for a 'Live View' focus on it's smallest stars ... but Enif has smaller stars but it was high at the
    Meridian so I couldn't use it . When small stars are in focus , the bigger stars seem to be slightly oval sometimes .x
    The next time I might try the Baader Sulfur II for long exposures and some with 'Noise Reduction ON' to see if the sulfur 'eyebrow' area
    shows using various long and short exposures . I was going to use the Baader UV-IR with the Minus-Violet filters but it wouldn't thread onto
    the 2in. Minus Violet so I just used the Baader . With the Minus-Violet filters I could see the small stars with 'Live View' on Enif ... so I figure
    if they show I can get content from an 'object' . Skat and Fomulaut don't have any small stars and the 'Live View' focus is a quick way
    to be in focus .x The Bubble Nebula here with a Baader SII filter which shows some content for a 9minand 200secISO6400 stacked image.