I am unable to run the demo of Maxpoint.

Discussion in 'Demo User Tech Support' started by Timothy Patton, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Timothy Patton

Timothy Patton Standard User

All that comes up is Registry area appears locked Can not continue ( 5, 1 ) I am running Win 8.1

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

We have been getting this sometimes with Windows 8.1, and are looking into a solution. In the meantime we do have a workaround to get it working:

Download the following registry file and double click it to add it to the registry.

http://www.diffractionlimited.com/tim/MaxPoint.reg

Next, open your registry editor and navigate to the following registry key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\Interface\{7E637234-9E1F-4ea2-A1D2-59F1B2199357}". Right click on the key and select "Permissions". On the Permissions window, select your user account in the "Group or user names" panel, and then in the "Permissions for USER", check "Full Control = Allow".

Restart MaxPoint, and it should ask for your license.

3. Timothy Patton

Thanks, That worked. I was able to enter the password. Now it's telling me my time has expired.

4. Tim

Tim Staff Member

The demo license I have on file for you is serial number 2WR9P-MEYX6-XAAWX-7UQ4S-5APA2-J4 and it should be valid until January 30th. Is this the one you are using? Is the time/date on your computer correct?

5. Timothy Patton

Hello
    I reinstalled MaxPoint and finally got it to work. Now all I need is the clouds to go away.

Thanks

Tim

6. PwrHsePro

PwrHsePro Cyanogen Customer

I bought Maxim a few years back and now am upgrading my laptop... It all installed ok on this Win 10 laptop, but I get the registry appears locked message... the link above does not work..