IC1396

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Aug 6, 2018.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

IC1396 with a Canon EOS T7i modified-Hutech using an old Canon 50D 18-200mm Zoom Lens at 110mmFL without any filter
    for 60sec then 90sec then 2min and then 150sec all at ISO1600 for four images each exposure setting for sixteen total 'one-shot color' .
    Then as CR2. I put them in "ImagesPlus" and did 'Sigma-Clip Average 2.55 Std.Dev.' . After that which is in the 'Process History saved
    settings' I ran that at the Bin1 original size and then image was scratchy looking . Then I did a "Feature Mask" and split the 'nebula' from
    the 'stars' and worked on the stars with "Pixel Math Multiply 1.5 " and used "Digital Development Stretch" and brightened the stars a little .
    For the 'nebula' I eventually used the "Line Suppression 75 for 'verticle' and 15 for 'horizontal' using the 'Verticle' radio button" which took
    out the scratchiness . Then some more things like "Color Micro Curves" . I then did the 'Combine' using 'ADD' and cropped off some outer
    sky-glow . 'Picture Style-Faithful 5200K' was used . Here is the result as a jpg , and 'Process History Formula' . Second image is before
    using the "Feature Mask" which the "Process History Formula" brings you to .x The sky was 96% visabilty and getting worse ..
    [ I started out looking for Ophiuchus complex above Antares but the South had too much cloud haze and sky-glow was all in
    an image but some images like M8 and M16 area only needed 16secISO1600 to show dust around an 'object' ...and
    all the images were done with an Astro-Physics 1200GTO Mount without 'guiding' and just using 'tracking' while piggybacking the DSLR .] .x

I was reading in MaximDL Pro V5 Manual that the "Convert Color" with 'High Quality' checked is doing
    a 'gradient' to the image and in "Rotational Gradient" it says there is a movement to show more in an image
    but I will try some without the 'High Quality' setting when 'focusing' at the Telescope using "Convert Color"
    like at high power on planetary nebulas .x