Duplicate impossible star calibration guide

Discussion in 'Image Capture' started by davidastro, Oct 24, 2018.

1. davidastro

davidastro Standard User

Hello,

I have been using maximDL for 2 years now. Previously, I used a gun, then a camera atik. Today, I use a zwo asi 1600 monochrome camera and a zwo 290 mini asi or a starshoot orion for guidance. I could guide with celestron 8 for 5 'without problem.

I had no problem guiding previously in parallel with a small 60/200 bezel. Since a few months, it is impossible for me to make a calibration on a guide star and to have a nice L. Let the chosen star do not move during the calibration, even by increasing the time of the calibration, either I have a line horizontal instead of an L. I specify that I'm not on a hot pixel. I use ascom eqmod, sky map or coelix.

I tried everything: azeq6 that was checked and heq5 new.
    I reinstalled all the drivers as well as the latest versions of ascom. I changed all the cables, I even changed my computer. I even tried with the optical splitter. There is no evolution.

Now, I do not know what else to do except give up maximDL.

Thank you for helping me

D

2. davidastro

davidastro Standard User

Hello,

I have been using maximDL for 2 years now. Previously, I used a gun, then a camera atik. Today, I use a zwo asi 1600 monochrome camera and a zwo 290 mini asi or a starshoot orion for guidance. I could guide with celestron 8 for 5 'without problem.

I had no problem guiding previously in parallel with a small 60/200 bezel. Since a few months, it is impossible for me to make a calibration on a guide star and to have a nice L. Let the chosen star do not move during the calibration, even by increasing the time of the calibration, either I have a line horizontal instead of an L. I specify that I'm not on a hot pixel. I use ascom eqmod, sky map or coelix.

I tried everything: azeq6 that was checked and heq5 new.
    I reinstalled all the drivers as well as the latest versions of ascom. I changed all the cables, I even changed my computer. I even tried with the optical splitter. There is no evolution.

Now, I do not know what else to do except give up maximDL.

Thank you for helping me

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

4. davidastro

davidastro Standard User

Hello, I did not really understand all these manipulations.

David