Integration with Labview

Discussion in 'Scripting and Programming' started by Andras Deak, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Andras Deak

Andras Deak Standard User

Hello All,

does anyone have recent experience with Labview drivers? Are there some recent, working VIs around on the WEB?

I have an ST-4xx (20?) in my lab which I would like to integrate in a spectroscopic measurement setup. The monochromator that I have can be fully controlled under Labview, and I needed to make ROI based intensity readouts from the CCD (i.e. certain rows or colums) that will be the feedback for the mono (it is a rather boring physics experiment:). The Labview VIs I found on the homepage are rather old and give a library error. I have tried to import the dll/framework into LabView (on both Win/OSX) with partial success: it might be possible to solve the problem but unfortunately I do not have those 2 months for this project.

Kind regards

Andras

2. JBlythe

JBlythe Standard User

Hello,

I am having the exact same issue. I downloaded the LabVIEW files from the homepage, but the files are extremely old and have not allowed me to control a SBIG All-Sky 340 camera that I need to control. I have kind of come close to getting something by using the .h file from software disc provided and using the SBIGUDrv.llb provided from the LabVIEW download. I managed to get a called library using the two previous files mentioned. I am stuck trying to understand if I am actually opening the driver or not. I have been going through the Universal commands documents and nothing I enter seems to return anything of substance. Has anyone been successful with this recently?

Regards,

JBlythe