Resolved Issues with demo license activation

Discussion in 'Demo User Tech Support' started by P.R. Huang, Mar 6, 2017.

1. P.R. Huang

P.R. Huang Standard User

Hi there!

I have attemped to install the demo on 3 different PCs and encountered the same error messages.

On the first time running maxim after installation, I get an error message "license has expired" without me clicking any button. It just pops up after running maxim. The "signature" box already has a long signature while the other boxes are empty.

After this, I will then copy my demo license email, and it is correctly entered into the maxim program. When I click "ok", I then get an error message "You cannot enter a second demo license."

I have not used my demo license before today.
    Of the 3 PCs, 2 have never installed Maxim before. 1 already had maxim installed a few weeks earlier, but no license activated.
    I have tried reinstalling Maxim as well, but same series of errors will occur.

Hope you can advise, thank you!

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Make sure the date/time on your system is correct.

3. P.R. Huang

P.R. Huang Standard User

Thanks for the quick response! Yes, the date and time is correct on all 3 PCs. I had checked it after seeing a separate forum post. Do you know what else might be the problem?

4. P.R. Huang

P.R. Huang Standard User

I should clarify that the message "license has expired" pops up automatically upon launching maxim, without my entering any information or my license.

When I enter my demo license, I then get a different error message "you cannot enter a second demo license".

Is there perhaps a bug with the launcher or the installer that causes the first error message, and hence subsequently leading to me "entering a second demo license"?

5. Doug

Doug Staff Member

If you tried to install the demo license a second time, it will not let you.

I will send you a new license via private message.

6. mspear

mspear Cyanogen Customer

Doug, You suggested that since my Maxim DL is 10 years old, to download the demo. Well, I did and am having the same problem with "you cannot enter a second demo license." I must have had a demo some years back but I do not recall. Can you help?

Thanks,
    Mark

7. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Sure, send me your full name and email address via private message (click on my name to the left), and I'll send back a demo extension license.

8. mspear

mspear Cyanogen Customer

It worked great.

Thanks, Doug