Kaf 16200

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Iaffaldano Giuseppe C, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Iaffaldano Giuseppe C

Iaffaldano Giuseppe C Cyanogen Customer

Hi all, i am hearing from users of cameras of other brands that the kaf 16200 is showing RBI problem; as i am waiting for a STXL 16200 camera model i want know if you have experimented this problem on this model and if the STXL has preflash or systems to eliminate the noise of RBI; i come from experience of this problem on an Apogee camera and i know it reduces terribly the capacity of the camera especially in rgb.
    Thanks.

Carmine

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

All front-illuminated sensors have RBI to some extent. It varies a lot depending on the sensor design.

I have done some imaging with a STXL-16200 and haven't had any problems with RBI. It may only be an issue with very bright stars in the field.

All STXL cameras have RBI preflash capability, including the STXL-16200. Of course you need to use software that supports the feature - not all do.

3. Iaffaldano Giuseppe C

Iaffaldano Giuseppe C Cyanogen Customer

Thanks; as i have a remote observatory in Arizona and i live in Italy the big difference of hourly fuse force me to automated as possible the imaging system so i am using ACP software; do you know if ACP can support the RBI preflash?
    Yours faithfully.

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Yes, ACP does support RBI Preflash.