Resolved Limited number of file processing in Maxim DL

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Bruno Fontaine, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Bruno Fontaine

Bruno Fontaine Standard User

It seems that the maximum number of files able to be loaded is limited to 3118 both for photometry and staking. (images are 2048 x 2048). Doing exoplanet photometry with short exposures (1second or less), I have often more than 6 or 7000 files to process. I added 8 GB to my memory computer (passing from 8 to 16 GB) it did not change anything ! Adjusting Memory Control parameters in the settings does nothing either.
    Is there a way to get round this limit ??
    Thank you in advance

2. Bruno Fontaine

It seems that the maximum number of files able to be loaded is limited to 3118 both for photometry and staking. (images are 2048 x 2048). Doing exoplanet photometry with short exposures (1second or less), I have often more than 6 or 7000 files to process. I added 8 GB to my memory computer (passing from 8 to 16 GB) it did not change anything ! Adjusting Memory Control parameters in the settings does nothing either.
    Is there a way to get round this limit ??
    Thank you in advance

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Yes. Do not stack from open images. Stack from disk files instead. Easiest to use the Add Folder option.

4. Bruno Fontaine

This limit (3118) is reached when loading files of course (not images where the limit is of course reached much before !). But you gave me an idea : if loading a folder (instead of files) then I can successfully load 5900 files !

5. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I see... you probably ran into the limit of how long a file string Windows can handle. When you select multiple files it sends all of them to the software in one huge long string. (Not exactly the best thought-out API... but then it's Windows.)

6. Bruno Fontaine

Probably Anyway I have found a way to do it
    Thanks