M20 OrionSkyGlow filter

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Apr 10, 2019.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

CanonEOSII 6D 'stock-new 2017 model from B+HPhoto' using an OrionSkyGlow 2in. filter thru
    two TeleVue 2XPowerMates for 4800mmF/L thru a 152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare) on
    an Astro-Physics 1200GTO '2010' Mount for two 'one-shotColor' images ... one was 667secISO4000
    and the second was 518secISO4000 and they were Sum stacked in MaximDLPro V6.16 and then
    processed in "ImagesPLus" . The OrionSkyGlow filter causes a 'green' tint and trying to get
    the 'blue' to show is needed . These images were taken before the morning light .x
    I tried figuring out the Orion Polarizing 2in. filter and it always has the secondary artifacts when
    looking thru it at a coil lightbulb …. even a Baader UV-IR filter with a Lumicon MinusViolet filter
    attached to it has the secondary artifact of the light in the view … so only one filter can be used
    to image long exposures with artifact free images .x
    When I 'open' a Canon image from the camera in Canon Digital Photo Professional and 'double-tap'
    to get the large size to work on it and the 'Tool Palette' to the left side … a small 'icon' is active on the
    right lower corner for about 1 minute and when it stops the image becomes smoother and more normal ..
    so it takes some time ;
    this also might be happening in the DSLRs when an exposure finishes and it might take 1 or 2 minutes
    to process before the next exposure is started .??. x