M20 with Canon EOS Rebel T7i

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Mar 6, 2019.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

Canon EOSII 6D 'stock new-2017 B+HPhoto' without using any filter thru a TeleVue 2XPowerMate for 2400mmF/L thru a
    152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare) on an Astro-Physics 1200GTO '2010' Mount for four CR2.s of " 45secISO51200 " each image
    and ADOBE DNG Converter 11.2 extracted and then Average stacked in "ImagesPLus" and
    this is the result after lots of different commands .. This image was just done again in "ImagesPlus" an hour ago and is from 2017 and
    the FITS has info I added to it which can help it "PinPoint Astrometry" USNO-A2 solve from 10th to 18.50th magn . because I am using
    my small DELL 1100 and MaximDL Pro isn't in it ... only "ImagesPlus" is .x
    [{ I looked up a lot of different webpages and I saw that The Canon EOS DSLR's when doing RAW images for Astrophotography use a
    created JPG for the LCD display on the camera .... which I didn't know ... but that is why an image might look OK on the LCD but when
    you download the images to the laptop to look at them in Canon Digital Phot Professional they are shown as the LCD thumbnail JPG you
    saw on the camera . When you double-tap an image to work on it .... the RAW image will then be converted to color which can take about
    one minute for the Canon EOS 6D 35mm image . The image will probably look dim compared to the LCD's JPG thumbnail which might be 8bit ;
    also .. the LCD image as the JPG is used in the Histogram in the Info of the LCD on the camera and it isn't the RAW image's Histogram you are seeing .
    It was confusing not to know it but now I do . An idea to check is while looking at an image in the camera's LCD screen and the Info of
    the Histogram showing and also looking at the laptop with the downloaded image there in Canon Digital Photo Professional and tap on
    the thumbnail image once to highlight activate the thumbnail image ... like the one in the camera and use the 'Tool Palette' and it's 'Curves' option and
    see if the Histograms match the Histogram in the camera's LCD screen ... which it seems they should be similar .. and if they are you could
    think the thumbnail is a replica of the camera's LCD screen JPG . The thumbnail images can be made a larger size like the LCD screen size
    for a camera to laptop comparison in Canon Digital Photo Professional V4 that's used by the CanonEOS Rebel T7i .}] x