M51 with BreakThrough X4-UV 49mm filter

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Jan 22, 2020.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) using a CanonEOSII 6D'stock-2017 model' thru a TeleVue 2XPowerMate with a 35mmT-Ring with step-rings , and the filter used on the PowerMate was a Breakthrough X4-UV 49mm size that needed step-rings from 48mm to a 49mm size . The clouds were fading the sky late early morning last night but some sky showed enough to get eight 200secISO1600 images and the 6D had it's 'High ISO Noise Reduction-High' and 'Mirror Lockup' and connected to MaximDL Pro V6.20 as RAWMonochrome Autosave images and 'guiding' with a ZWOASI120MC-S-damaged webcam as ASCOM to connect to MaximDL Pro for 10sec 'guide' star images . What I was checking for was how much 'background' noise would be reduced with the camera's 'High ISO Noise Reduction on High' and it does eliminat some but there still is some and the 'FFT Filter-LowPass High with Pixels Restrictions for low values is needed' . 'Levels - Gamma increase' was used and 'Curves' a couple times and other commands and then "Deconvolve with e/ADU:0.5 and 'Background' a little less than the average background to remove noise glows and Exponential as 0.8 and 10 Iterations sharpened the galaxy and smoothed the background varying light and noise problem . I did ''KernalFilter - HighPass to LowPass to Average7x7 to HighPass radio buttons and with PixelRestrictions and then press OK to apply the command and it sharpened ok'' . What might be better is using IOS1600 and ISO3200 and ISO4000 and ISO6400 for varying exposures and combine them for M51 . I used a BiasMaster and FlatMaster on the images .x

artem likes this.