M51 with the 'STUCK' pixel 'false' guide star being used

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Jan 24, 2020.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) using an APM-Flattener with a CanonEOSII 6D'stock-new 2017 model from B+HPhoto' and using a BreakThroughX4-UV 49mm filter step-ring attached and on an Astro-Physics 1200GTO 2010 Mount at 1xSiderealGuideRate and using a created PEC curve done in PEMPro as 3-Cycles and loaded 'To Mount' . I Calibrated a ZWOASI120MC-S webcam that is slightly damaged on it's sensor glass but I used it's ASCOM Driver to 'Connect' to MaximDL Pro V6.20 and it's 'guide' at BIN2 easy enough so I did the Calibrate at M51 and then I did two 305secISO4000 RAWMonochrome Autosave images thru MaximDL Pro and then I did the rest of the twenty images without 'guiding' but I turned on the PEM in the Mount and then I capped the front of the Guider scope and then I did a 10sec exposure without a 'Simple Autodark' and I had checked the 'Small Stars' in Settings do de-activate the 'HOT' pixel rejection algorithm and I had found a 'STUCK' pixel in the guide full frame image and then I pressed the 'Track' radio butoon and the 'STUCK' pixel was in the sub-frame doing continuous exposures and then I dialed down the Dec Y-Axis Aggressiveness to '0 ' and the RA X-Axis Aggressiveness to ' 0.5 ' which is very tiny and every ten seconds an Alarm sounds but the laptop I put to Mute and ... the purpose with this idea it to have the 'guiding' event happening but there isn't any 'corrections' being sent to the Mount from MaximDL Pro but the 'tracking' speed if hopefully taking place due to the Calibrate routine and the Mount's RA 'motor' should be moving at the speed the sky is moving for M51's location and minimal 'corrections' would be needed when doing regular 'guiding' but in this case the correct 'motor' speed is running and the PEM-ON of the Mount is making it's anti-wiggle 'corrections' in RA ... and in this image it's top to bottom in the image here of M51 because I had the DSLR top and bottom of the camera to the RA movement . It looks as thought the longest four beginning images at 305secISO4000 were round stars and then I used 255secISO4000 and ISO3200 and ISO6400 for two images each ISO and then I used 205secISO3200 and ISO4000 and ISO6400 for two images each and then 185secISO3200 and ISO4000 and ISO6400 for two images each ISO and then 135sec ISO3200 and ISO4000 and ISO6400 for two images each ISO .. totally there were 22 images and twenty were done with the PEM-ON and FLASE Star 'STUCK' pixel un-corrected 'guiding' but correct Calibrated 1xSiderealGuideRate speed and relying on PEM-ON to control the Mount's PEC Error 'corrections' . The stars seem round enough in the end result JPG .x
    The main JPG and FITS are all the images with the last twenty images done with PEM-ON and the FALSE Star 'STUCK' pixels 'guiding' .
    The two image with just two stacked images are one with 'guiding' and the other with the PEM-ON FALSE Star 'guiding' to show the
    difference between the 305secISO4000 long exposures .x

artem likes this.