Maxim DL6 quits unexpectedly trying to connect to JMI focuser (Win7)

Discussion in 'Demo User Tech Support' started by James Lowenthal, Dec 15, 2014.

1. James Lowenthal

James Lowenthal Cyanogen Customer

I'm running Maxim DL6 Pro under Win7 on a Dell desktop. This is a new machine and new installation for us. I've downloaded and installed the latest ASCOM drivers (platform 6.1SP1 and SmartFocus Focuser 4.0.1). We have a JMI NGFxT CM focuser that I can't get Maxim to connect to. In Maxim > Observatory Control > Telescope > Setup, I choose focuser = JMI. But when I try to connect to the focuser, Maxim crashes with a popup error message saying Maxim quit unexpectedly (I noticed!).

I can connect to the focuser using JMI's focuser software and control the focuser just fine.

I can also connect fine to our telescope (Meade LX200 GPS 12") and control it using Maxim DL.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

2. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Staff Member

Have you contacted JMI regarding the issue? Are you able to collect a crash dump when MaxIm DL crashes?

3. James Lowenthal

James Lowenthal Cyanogen Customer

Will try both -- how do you recommend getting the crash dump?

Thanks,
    James

4. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Staff Member

If you're available to demo the issue over TeamViewer (www.teamviewer.com), some time tomorrow between 10-6 PM EST, I could collect it for you.